Janhvi Kapoor’s Leg Day Workout is super inspiring. Try it out and reach your fitness goals.
Janhvi Kapoor experiments with different forms of workouts, including Pilates, yoga, cardio, and HIIT. (Image: Instagram)
Janhvi Kapoor believes that regular training of your leg muscles along with your entire body is important if you want to improve your overall fitness and gain strength.
Janhvi Kapoor’s determination to challenge herself and step out of her comfort zone is evident not only in her acting career, but also in the way she lives her life. She was able to keep in her best shape with intense training. Most gym fans avoid leg days, but not Janhvi. In the video, Janhvi Kapoor is seen doing intense lower body exercises at the gym.
If you find Janhvi’s workouts inspiring, here’s everything you need to know about a lower body workout or leg day.
Why You Shouldn’t Skip Leg Day
Skipping leg days can have a negative impact on your overall fitness and health. Leg day exercises like squats and deadlifts can naturally build muscle and maintain bone density.
What are the most popular leg day exercises?
There are several common leg day exercises that people use to strengthen and tone their leg muscles.
- Squat: This exercise targets the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and squat down as if you were sitting in an imaginary chair.
- Lunge: This exercise targets the same muscles as the squat, but also works your calf muscles. Step one leg forward and bend both knees until your back knee touches the ground.
- Deadlift: This workout primarily focuses on the hamstrings and glutes. The individual must bend down to pick up the weight from the floor and then stand up.
- Leg press: This workout targets your quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes. Sit on the machine and use your legs to lift the weighted platform away from your body.
- Calf raise: This workout targets the calf muscles. Stand on your toes and bring your heels back to the ground.
Benefits of leg training
Leg training offers many benefits to your overall health and fitness. Here are some of the benefits of leg training.
- Increased strength and endurance: Leg exercises like squats, lunges, and leg presses work multiple muscle groups simultaneously, including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. By doing these exercises, you can increase your lower body strength and endurance.
- Improve athletic performance: Strong legs are essential for many activities, including sports and everyday activities such as walking and climbing stairs. Leg training can improve athletic performance by improving speed, agility, and power.
- Boosted Metabolism: Leg exercises require a lot of energy and burn a lot of calories. Incorporating leg workouts into your fitness routine can boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories throughout the day.
- enhanced bone health: Weight-bearing exercise, such as leg training, helps improve bone density and reduces the risk of osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases.
- Increased hormone production: Leg exercises such as squats and deadlifts can increase the production of testosterone, a hormone essential for building muscle and maintaining bone density.
When it comes to working out, it’s okay to miss a day once in a while, but you need to make a plan to make up for lost time.
Read all the latest lifestyle news here